Canon PIXMA MG5440 Wireless Connection Setup – Find instructions on how to setup the wireless connection on your PIXMA MG5440 printer and also how to reset the printer to factory settings.
Canon PIXMA MG5440 Wireless Connection Setup
Some access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic connection button labelled “WPS” which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
This allows permitted devices such as your PIXMA MG5440 to connect to your network without needing to enter a password and it enables a quick and easy method of connecting your devices.
This method is by far the easiest way of connecting your PIXMA MG5440, so if your access point has a WPS button please select the ‘WPS Connection Method’ tab below for instructions on connecting using this method.
If your router does not support WPS we have provided alternative instructions to get your PIXMA MG5440 connected so please select the ‘Standard Connection Method’ tab below.
WPS Connection Method
Before we start, there are some conditions that must be met in order to use the WPS push button method:
- The access point must have a physical WPS push button available. Please check with your device’s user guide for details.
If the WPS push button is not available please use the instructions on the Standard Connection Method tab.
- Your network must be using the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol. Most WPS enabled access points use this protocol.
1. Press the [Home] Button (A) on the printer.
1. Use the  buttons (A) to select [WLAN Setup] icon.
2. Press the left function button (B).
The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the WPS feature.
The display on printer should be as shown below –
1. Press and hold the [WPS] button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release.
For exact instructions on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
2. Press the [OK] button on the printer within 2 minutes.
The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer flashes while searching for or connecting to the access point.
3. When the screen below [Connected to the access point] is displayed, press the [OK] button to complete the setup.
This concludes the WPS setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MG5440. Source